Can someone explain to me why Canada won the gold medal when the US beat them a couple of weeks ago? Shouldn’t Canada have to beat the US twice in order to claim the gold medal? No offense Canada, (and all apologies to my Canadian agent) but that blows. I say we’ve still got one more game to play… or match or whatever you call it when two hockey teams compete against one another. And I have some ideas on how you can make hockey more exciting and watchable.
- Replace the ice rink with a grassy field that is… oh… 100 yards long or so and about 50 yards wide.
- Instead of a puck, use an oblong shaped ball.
- Three periods is weird. Go with four quarters.
- Skates won’t work on grass. Try cleats.
- Let’s face it, no one is sure how many players you guys have on the ice at any one time, so let’s just say 11 players on each side.
- I like the hockey sticks, but I think they have to go. It just doesn’t make sense with a ball.
- Instead of a zamboni, you should have cheerleaders.
These are just a few ideas. I’m sure I could come up with more if I really, really cared.