People of Nauru - Drink more coffee!
Panic is setting in because I haven’t blogged today. There are so many real and fictional reasons why I haven’t posted yet, so I thought it would be a great idea if I just created a list of those reasons here and let you decide which one is real and which ones are fictional. The main reason I’m doing this is because lists are super easy to create.
Top 5 Reasons I haven’t Posted Today (only one is real):
- I performed open heart surgery on a squirrel. It took much longer than I anticipated because I misidentified a post office worker as the squirrel. Luckily I realized my mistake before I used the rib spreader.
- I’m running out of interesting things to say. It’s hard writing something for a blog every day. Sure, I could have posted a video from Youtube and let that be that, but I feel like simply poaching a video from Youtube and posting it here is kind of cheating. That’s why I only do it 4 or 5 times a week.
- President Obama had me on the phone all day asking my advice on how to best deal with Nauru and their diminishing phosphate deposits. I told him phosphate shmosphate. They should open a Starbucks and a Caribou Coffee right across the street from each other. Bam! You have competing designer coffee houses that will stimulate the economy, and bonus, give the entire population of 13,000 Nauru-vians, a great caffeine buzz. Problem solved. Needless to say, POTUS was totally impressed
- I spent the day lobbying congress to remove the letter “c” from the alphabet. The letters “s” and/or “k” can take its place in most situations. Let’s face it the letter “c’s” day has come and gone. I’m embarrassed to have to use it. This is the 21st century people…. Make that sentury. It’s time for the “c” to move on.
- I got in a fight with a giant box of elbow macaroni. Don’t judge. I didn’t start it.
May or may not have time to blog today (other than this). Don’t even have time to type complete sentences as it is. For no particular reason (other than I like it), here’s Brandon Hardesty’s reeanactment of 12 Anrgy Men. Great flick. Great reeanactment!
Had a great weekend in Wilmington, NC. Beautiful little coastal town plus we got to kick back and shoot the breeze with family and friends. Much too tired to write something clever for the blog so here is a little Scary Mary Poppins for you. They so should have done the movie like this.
I’m swimming in rewrites today so here’s a gorilla video to keep you entertained. This is a variation of the 2007 viral video campaign by Cadbury. The original was done with Phil Collins song, In the Air. I guess Phil objected and they pulled the video, but some other artists (music and video) put their own spin on it. This is the Sean Kingston sampling version of In the Air.
Wow! Companies sure do things differently in this modern day of interwebery. Thanks to wideband bandwidth, soft drink companies are now bringing us nakedness to sell their ultra sugary beverages. Notice I didn’t say sexy. Naked is all you get here… and maybe funny. I’ll let you be the judge.
I guess it’s a law that someone of my generation have a favorite Springsteen song. How can you not? The guy’s written a million songs. Here’s my favorite:
Hope you are enjoying the holidays. It’s Christmas around my house, but whether it’s Hannakuh, Kwanzaa or whatever, I hope you’re blowing it out of the water. Here was one of my best Christmas gifts, a new book trailer. I’ll give more details after the holidays, but I couldn’t wait to show it off.
Actually, its’ pretty funny and annoying. Here’s Brandon Hardesty doing his best to annoy the crap out of you. Watch at your own risk. You may laugh inspite of yourself.
Rewrting today. Enjoy this cat playing dead while I toil away. BTW – I can totally tell the cat is acting.
Another BTW – I’ve been asked before if I create the videos that I post on this blog. I’ve only created two videos that I’ve posted on this blog. The rest I pilfer from Youtube and Break. If you like a video, double click on it and it will take you to the original Youtube page where you can subscribe to the creator’s Youtube Channel (and by creator I don’t mean God).
The creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel is returning to television with a new sci-fi series. Joss Whedon is teaming up with Eliza Dushku with a new Fox vehicle titled Dollhouse. Here’s the pitch:
DOLLHOUSE focuses on a secret organization that employs “Actives” — a group of operatives who have their memories and personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with new ones, allowing them to take on various missions for hire.
And for your viewing pleasure, here’s a trailer for the new series: